TO A CAREER IN CONSTRUCTION
With little to no debt, you can secure paid on-the-job training and develop a highly-desired skill set in these construction trades.
BLUE: Contractor-Member Locations YELLOW: ABC of Iowa Training Centers
A firm foundation.
Skilled laborers are essential workers, their skills are valuable and necessary, and are in high demand.
High school students can find options outside of accumulating massive college debt - and become a journeyman in 4 years (on average).
Work during the day, attend class at night.
ABC apprentices are hired and employed by ABC of Iowa members and work full-time during the day and attend class one evening a week or 4 days per month.
Many graduate with little-to-no debt and take their licensing exams once they have completed their requirements.
47 Years of Career Training
Over 400 Contractor-Members Ready to Help You Build A Future in Construction
Davenport, Grimes and Hiawatha
How does apprenticeship training work?
Apprentice must first be hired by an ABC of Iowa member company.
Search a listing of ABC of Iowa members here.
ABC of Iowa member company enrolls student into the ABC of Iowa Apprenticeship Training program.
Apprentice attends daytime or evening classes (timing chosen by their employer/member company).
- Daytime "Institute" Training
- Daytime classes meet for 3 months, 4 consecutive days a month.
- Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fall Session: October - January
- Winter Session: February - April/May
- Evening "Traditional" Training
- Traditional-style evening classes meet once a week, for 26 weeks.
- This format is 26 in-seat classes that are 4 hours long.
- Classes start at 5:00 p.m., 5:15 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. (times are staggered due to COVID-19).
Apprentice works for the employer and earns paid on-the-job training (OJT) hours.
Meet the following graduation requirements:
- Complete all 4 program levels
- Work 8,000 documented OJT hours
- Show OSHA-10 proof of completion
- ... and celebrate your graduation!
Apprentice now qualifies to take the Journeyman Exam in their field of study, and can keep moving up from there.
Contact Tyler Mosier at 515-985-1176.